No products in the basket.
38% of workplace injuries are due to falls from height
Understanding how to build and use towers safely is crucial to all efforts to reduce that number.
Our accredited PASMA Towers for Users training course has two main aims:
- To teach you how to build a tower in the correct way
- To use this knowledge to minimise falls from height
To accomplish these, the course addresses each component of a tower, its uses and importance, and helps you understand what to look for when inspecting a tower; particularly encouraging delegates to think about the surrounding area and any potential dangers within it. An overview of current legislation and standards will be provided in the first half of the session.
The course then goes on to teach safe assembly in the second half, and this involves a practical element and assessment.
PASMA Training Certificate
A PASMA photocard and certificate will be issued to successful delegates. The certificate is valid for 5 years.
On-site Course Requirements
We are able to offer our PASMA training courses outside our training facility and on-site around London. However to do this the venue must meet certain requirements:
- It must provide a three tier ‘3T’ tower and an Advanced Guardrail (AGR) Tower. These are both available for hire from The Hireman in advance if necessary, but these specific towers must be used for the practical as per PASMA guidelines. The towers must be clean and all components must be in full working order
- It must provide a dry, cordoned off space separate from other work, large enough to build two towers side by side
- It must provide a clean classroom space large enough to accommodate up to 12 delegates for the theory session and assessment
- It must ensure that all delegates wear appropriate PPE. This includes; a hard hat, boots and high-vis clothing. Some sites require gloves to be worn.
Be aware that if these requirements are not met we may be unable to offer the PASMA training course and you will be liable for the full cost as per our terms and conditions.
Where is it?
The training is delivered at our central London depot. The full address and contact information is available here.
We can also provide many of our courses on site. Please contact us for more information.
When is it?
PASMA Towers for Users training courses are arranged on request. Please contact us to request a date. We ask all delegates to arrive at 8:00am on the course date so we can start on time.
How many people?
We can accommodate up to 12 people on each course.
What do I need to bring?
Each delegate will need to wear steel-capped boots, gloves, a high-viz jacket or vest and a hard hat. This equipment is available to buy from us on the day but we cannot guarantee that the correct size will be in stock.
How is it assessed?
Throughout the course delegates’ knowledge is assessed through theory and practical assessments.
How much does it cost?
1-2 delegates: £125pp